RS & Allied Update #4 (10th Oct)

185 posts   Page 7 of 8   1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
by kalehrl » Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:48 pm
It's been more than 20 days since the last official RS update.
Don't you think it is high time for an update?
by ASI » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:51 pm
Seems like RS should be taken out of the supply chain, as it looks like far too many orders appear to be very delayed. Mine included, orig order placed 18th July, Money taken from my account on 18th july.
Despatch expected 11wks, that was fine as huge back order of people interested. 11wks came and went, 1 email dated 28 aug, advise shipping delay, of upto 8wks.
I called RS today, as no reply via rswww.com with regards to my emails. I was told that emails where taking about 5days to reply too????
Checked emails tonight and found a reply from them, this was their response :
Good Afternoon,

Apologies for the inconvenience that you have experienced when dealing with ourselves

We are unable to comment on any other orders that have been placed, but I can assure you that any orders ,business or private, are dispatched in a chronological order

We expect to dispatch your delivery the week commencing the 19th of November

Regards

Andrew

This im afraid is not the case as i have ordered and received 3 via a third person who bought from RSsupplies, i mean even amazon have them for sale and available straight away. So why do RS customers have to wait for such a long time after placing orders.??

This does not look good for raspberrypi.org

Reading previous posts here, i am not alone in my unhappy experience with RS
by sdjf » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:23 pm
Yeah, Vic@RS said weekly updates and promised to get information For direct Allied customers as well.
FORUM TIP: To view just one person's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then click on "Search User's Posts." || This Pi owner is running Arch on 512MB Model B.
by canibalimao » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:56 pm
Hello,

I've got a refound! 1 month and 21 days after cancel the order they sent my money back, but only after I give them my paypal adress. It seems pretty hard to make an international bank transfer...
At least I have my money and now I don't need anything more from their crappy service.
by Lob0426 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:33 am
sdjf wrote:Yeah, Vic@RS said weekly updates and promised to get information For direct Allied customers as well.

When their posts get too hot they do not bother to reply. See below:

The deal with the version 1.1 to the longest waiting customers, they hoped that would go unnoticed!

The fact that they are still not caught up with people that ordered in July, but have taken more orders!

Their distributors are receiving boards to sell but they are not caught up with their previous orders!

They are still saying that they are up to date on refunds, but there is proof otherwise!

I would not bother to read my own threads either!
512MB version 2.0 as WordPress Server
Motorola Lapdock with 512MB
Modded Rev 1.0 with pin headers at USB

http://rich1.dyndns.tv/
(RS)Allied ships old stock to reward its Customers for long wait!
by rcatech » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:17 pm
Received a 256MB V1.0 on 25october, order number 104XXX. I'm in Italy.
How to ship it back to RS?
by davidledder » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 pm
Got a mail yesterday from RS.

Here it is:

Good Afternoon,

Order Reference 1010193598 (I ordered on 2012/10/18 for information)

Apologies for the delayed response to your email. We are busy working with the suppliers who provide components for your Raspberry PI to ensure you receive your order as quickly as possible. In regards to your query our latest batch of Raspberry Pi’s arrived in October with further deliveries expected in November and December. This delay is due to the very high level of demand on the core Raspberry Pi processor chip. Unfortunately, this meant that some orders were delayed, although we are trying to reduce this as much as possible. We notified the customers affected on Tuesday 28 August, we apologise if you didn't receive this notification.

However there is some good news regarding the delay, we are now dispatching the 512mb, 2.0 revision boards at no extra cost to you. As for your specific order please see the table below as to when we expect to dispatch your order. (the table refers only to your last 6 digits of your order reference)

Shipping between | Last order number shipped*
20th – 26th August | 101000
24th – 30th September | 109000
1st – 7th October | 123000
8th – 14th October | 135000
12th – 18th November | 150000
19th – 25th November | 175000
26th Nov – 2nd December | 200000

If this is unacceptable we are able to cancel and refund your order.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the delay,

Kind Regards

Hope this helps...
by mard0 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:43 am
I ordered my pi on the 7th of august and have the order # 1010175951. But still no pi or any reaction from RS over email......
by canibalimao » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:03 pm
mard0 wrote:I ordered my pi on the 7th of august and have the order # 1010175951. But still no pi or any reaction from RS over email......

According to their last shipping time table, with that number, you only get your RPi by the end of November.
by jamesla » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 pm
According to RS i should get my order (143000) in around 2 weeks time. After reading previous posts i'm wondering if i will get it on time. Even Maplin is stocking Raspberry Pi starter kits now, but they are quite expensive.
by cito » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:58 am
sdjf wrote:@cito: First, let me note that you seem to have placed the same query in at least 3 or 4 threads here, there is no need to do that. If people are reading the forum, they will see your queries, and putting the same identical post up several times may lessen the chances people will respond rather than enhance them.

If you try posting and do not see your post, refresh your browser screen and it will most likely show the post.

Now, to try to help you. First, it is clear from your order number and charge card information that you probably placed your order with RS. The RS-Allied site does not charge in advance, and the order numbers for there are more like 9 or 10 digits and start with the numbers 20.

With regards to how to get customer service, make sure you read the first post in this thread that you have posted in. In that post, Vic maps out how RS is prepared to deal with Raspberry Pi order issues.

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=19670

It is confusing to customers, but the RS Raspberry Pi store is a separate department and the main RS customer service line cannot help with queries placed at the Pi store, those questions are handled by separate staff who are not accessible by phone to Pi customers.

The phone number likely you called is a different division and can apparently only serve people who placed their orders on the main RS website. They probably heard you mention the USA and that may have made them think you ordered on the Allied site, but you likely did not.

Vic@RS makes it clear that if you ordered using the RS Raspberry Pi store, then you should email raspberrypi@rswww.com for help. There is probably more information about what to include in their FAQ, but off the top of my head, for sure you need to include your email address and the order number and date ordered.

Quite a few forum members have mentioned that after they emailed them as per the above, RS might not necessarily respond to the email, then again they might, but that is where to write and it can result in them tracking down and shipping if your order has not been shipped and it should have been, based on the current shipping schedule posted by RS.

You are wrong though, My card was charged 2 days after I made the order, I have not received any info, and when I try and cancel my order nobody from the UK or US site has any idea about my order number.

I can't log into the site cause I'm not from the UK it says only UK addresses allowed. Even though I clicked the order link that was linked on this site's main page.

my order still has not been received even though my card was charged back in July and I have it on my statement.

I still have not got any email updates, never received any goods, or even the extras I ordered.

no correspondence and noone will contact me, when I email both UK and US sites they tell me they can't find any info on my order.

in other words it seems as if I have been robbed, since my card was charged back in July $53 from their company.
by sdjf » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:45 pm
@cito: the first thing we need to know is precisely who you ordered from, before anybody can make suggestions as to appropriate action. It is not clear from your post exactly who you ordered from - although it seems likely that it was RS in the UK since Allied in the US does not charge in advance.

People are having success with emails, at least some of the time. Someone please tell cito how to get RS to notice his order. My guess is that if you start a dispute with your credit card company, RS will respond at that point.

However, since you have not posted your order number, nobody can look at the RS shipping table to help see when your Pi should be getting shipped, either.
FORUM TIP: To view just one person's posting history, sign in, click on their user name, then click on "Search User's Posts." || This Pi owner is running Arch on 512MB Model B.
by kalehrl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 pm
Has anyone recently received their raspi from RS Components, ordered from the English site?
If yes, could you please quote the first 3 digits of your order reference number not including 1010.
by Mike@RS » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:53 pm
Hi - a quick update to let everyone know that since our last post, we've been working with Broadcom and our manufacturing partners to determine a full shipping schedule for the remainder of this year. We’ll be posting a full update on the forum and via our FAQs later this week, which should provide complete information on when remaining orders will be despatched, and expectations around when we will start to have Raspberry Pi’s available “on the shelf” for immediate sale and despatch.

More information coming soon. In the meantime we're continuing to work with the Forum mods to help answer outstanding questions.
by dogtag » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:46 am
That is good news. If we have up-to-date information on the FAQ and an idea of when our Pi will arrive it makes the not knowing what is going on bearable.

Although Maplin are selling Pis I went into a store and they were out of stock and almost double the price.
by ps_bond » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:36 am
Mike@RS wrote:More information coming soon. In the meantime we're continuing to work with the Forum mods to help answer outstanding questions.

Yeah... About that. Perhaps you would be better off answering customer emails first? Or is that too much trouble for us to put you to?
Peter
by Starkey » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:43 pm
ps_bond wrote:
Mike@RS wrote:More information coming soon. In the meantime we're continuing to work with the Forum mods to help answer outstanding questions.

Yeah... About that. Perhaps you would be better off answering customer emails first? Or is that too much trouble for us to put you to?

They do occasionally reply to emails, although generally with stock replies :(
Just don't hold your breath or have any real expectations to the replies content. :|

This may help give some an idea when their delivery is going to happen
My order : 1010139xxx ordered 2nd July is (apparently) being dispatched week commencing 12th November.
by ps_bond » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:32 am
Starkey wrote:They do occasionally reply to emails, although generally with stock replies :(
Just don't hold your breath or have any real expectations to the replies content. :|

Well, when the email I've been waiting for a response to regarding their non-refund is now coming up on a month old, they can damn well pull their finger out and start behaving like a professional company.

Which reminds me, I must ask Trading Standards how things are progressing.
Peter
by luigy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:21 pm
Ordered back on June 30 and got reference number 1342XX.
The board hasn't shipped yet and it better be Rev 2 at least for all this time of wait....
by Vic@RS » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:57 am
Thanks for your queries. Unfortunately we are currently a week behind with responding to emails sent to the email address raspberrypi@rswww.com . Please bear with us, our customer services teams are doing all they can to to improve this response time.
The majority of queries can be answered by visiting our FAQs page, please refer to this in the first instance

I can confirm that any board shipped since Monday 15th October are 512MB revision 2 boards.
by Friese111 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:00 am
Mike@RS wrote: We’ll be posting a full update on the forum and via our FAQs later this week, which should provide complete information on when remaining orders will be despatched, and expectations around when we will start to have Raspberry Pi’s available “on the shelf” for immediate sale and despatch.

More information coming soon. In the meantime we're continuing to work with the Forum mods to help answer outstanding questions.

So what about the "full update" ?
by Stilgar Pi » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:13 am
Tell us if you are in time relative to your forecast? What is the last order number shipped today ?
The real problem is not the delay is the lack of information. :cry:

Thxs
by ps_bond » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:42 pm
Vic@RS wrote:Thanks for your queries. Unfortunately we are currently a week behind with responding to emails sent to the email address raspberrypi@rswww.com .

Really? That doesn't tally with my sending 2 emails to Josie Callan in response to hers; the first on the 13th October, the second on the 16th. Or are you going to try and claim it's "7 working days" and you're only working part time on it?

Have Trading Standards spoken to you about your conduct yet?
Peter
by sdjf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:20 pm
Vic@RS wrote:

I can confirm that any board shipped since Monday 15th October are 512MB revision 2 boards.

Vic seems to have forgotten that the title of this thread that he started indicates that it applies to both RS Components in the UK and Allied Electronics in the USA. And that Allied Electronics continued to ship revision 1 boards after 15 October. Allied USA staff have indicated that they would continue to be shipping revision 1 boards to customers who ordered before October 15 from the Allied site in the USA.
by sdjf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:32 pm
For others not finding the link to the RS Raspberry PI FAQ page, here it is (took a while for me to find it):

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/generalDisp ... =questions

And that page has the following ship dates for orders ending with the indicated order numbers:

5th - 11th November 1010139000
12th - 18th November 1010154000
19th - 25th November 1010163000
26th Nov - 2nd December 1010175000
3rd - 9th December 1010184000
10th - 16th December 1010211000
17th - 23rd December 1010246000

The promised shipping schedule is not appearing there for orders placed from the Allied Site in the USA. Have not checked the Allied site yet.