Problem with RS order

24 posts
by outsider » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:19 pm
Hi

I have order number 21xxx with RS.
Friends of mine who got order numbers higher then mine have all received their R Pis.
Based on: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8786 my order should have shipped before 19th June.

After 3 emails to RS I finally got this reply (last week):
Good Morning
Apologies for the delay, we have been experiencing issues with our courier service but these have been solved. Your order should be re-dispatched by Monday, at the latest. If you have not received a dispatch email by then please re-contact us.
Kind Regards
Raspberry Pi Team

I have replied saying that I have not received a dispatch email. But they aren't replying to me.

How can I get hold of RS?
Can anyone help?
by marinos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm
outsider wrote:Hi

I have order number 21xxx with RS.
Friends of mine who got order numbers higher then mine have all received their R Pis.
Based on: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8786 my order should have shipped before 19th June.

After 3 emails to RS I finally got this reply (last week):
Good Morning
Apologies for the delay, we have been experiencing issues with our courier service but these have been solved. Your order should be re-dispatched by Monday, at the latest. If you have not received a dispatch email by then please re-contact us.
Kind Regards
Raspberry Pi Team

I have replied saying that I have not received a dispatch email. But they aren't replying to me.

How can I get hold of RS?
Can anyone help?

How and when did you pay for that order?
by outsider » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:43 pm
marinos wrote:How and when did you pay for that order?

Credit card (on the RS R Pi site) on 19th May.
by Frog Pi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:25 pm
I also ordered on the 19th May (no. 213xx) and am now getting desperate. I have sent several emails and had one response more than 10 days ago stating that RS are "investigating" and they will get back to me "shortly". I have had no response to my most recent messages. I don't understand how they can be despatching much more recent orders without fulfilling those that were made and paid for over 6 weeks ago.
by steve_ancell » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 pm
I don't understand why you are getting order number 2******, I only ordered mine a few days ago and my number is 12******. :?

All I know is mine should be dispatched within the next 11 weeks.
Last edited by steve_ancell on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
by marinos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:39 pm
To be honest, I think they do not ship anything.
I am only reading that people do not receive their orders, RS claiming that they have errors in their system and RS staff saying that our orders will be shipped in a few days.
Personally, I opened a dispute on paypal to get my money back and re-order from Farnell.
by steve_ancell » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:42 pm
marinos wrote:To be honest, I think they do not ship anything.
I am only reading that people do not receive their orders, RS claiming that they have errors in their system and RS staff saying that our orders will be shipped in a few days.
Personally, I opened a dispute on paypal to get my money back and re-order from Farnell.

I had problems with Farnell, I entered my card and address details and got a 404 page error so I don't think my order got processed.
by steve_ancell » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:44 pm
The way I look at it, RS must come up with the goods eventually or they would risk losing their business. ;)
by marinos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:45 pm
steve_ancell wrote:
marinos wrote:To be honest, I think they do not ship anything.

I had problems with Farnell, I entered my card and address details and got a 404 page error so I don't think my order got processed.

I didn't have any problems with farnell. I already ordered two, they despatched them last week and I expect them from time to time.
by marinos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:46 pm
steve_ancell wrote:The way I look at it, RS must come up with the goods eventually or they would risk losing their business. ;)

that's why I always pay with paypal when it's available. it gives you 45 days for protection and then you can get a full refund if they don't send the goods.
by marinos » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:08 pm
just returned from the post office and opened my PO Box.
The raspberry from Farnell was there with a free raspberry pi T-shirt!!!! :D
by outsider » Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:23 am
So there are a bunch of us unable to contact RS and haven't yet received our R Pis.
What can we do about it?
Can the foundation help us?
Is there a contact at RS who can help?

I feel a little stranded, emailing the right channels didn't work...
by stevepdp » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:34 am
outsider wrote:Is there a contact at RS who can help?

There are at least three RS reps generously offering their time answering queries in this thread.

Please read through what's there, and ask there. Hopefully Mike or somebody will be able to look into your case.
I'm not a part of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, I'm just an enthusiastic fan.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by Frog Pi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:42 am
stevepdp wrote:

There are at least three RS reps generously offering their time answering queries in this thread.

Please read through what's there, and ask there. Hopefully Mike or somebody will be able to look into your case.

The problem is that the approach you suggest isn't working. People have posted on the thread you mention and received an initial reply from RS promising a response "shortly"or even that the item is being despatched . Once those promises are not met, RS then seem to stop responding. In my case I was promised that they would investigate and get back to me "shortly". That was more than two weeks ago. It is extremely frustrating as there would appear to be no other means of contacting the supplier.
by outsider » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:53 am
Frog Pi wrote:The problem is that the approach you suggest isn't working. People have posted on the thread you mention and received an initial reply from RS promising a response "shortly"or even that the item is being despatched . Once those promises are not met, RS then seem to stop responding. In my case I was promised that they would investigate and get back to me "shortly". That was more than two weeks ago. It is extremely frustrating as there would appear to be no other means of contacting the supplier.

I have to agree with this.
I have done the following:
- Emailed for help: one response, unhelpful, can't get a response since then
- Asked on the forum: no response
- Tweeted RS: no response
- Tweeted R Pi: no response

What am I supposed to do now?
RS has my money and I haven't yet received my product. That is illegal.
by marinos » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:15 pm
stevepdp wrote:

even if they look in our cases, they just reply to keep us waiting.
these are two replies I got from Mike, days ago.
Jun 21 2012
Hi Marinos,
I’ve asked the team to check up on this and I’ll let you know what I find out. My expectation is that you should receive your order this week, so I hope this is what our operations team will confirm.

Best regards,

Mike

Jun 28 2012
Hi Marinos,

We’re resending your order to you, which will be sent next Tuesday. Please accept our apologies for this delay, which was due to a data failure between systems.

Best regards,

Mike

That, next Tuesday was yesterday and they shipped nothing. As you can see, you do not get any reliable information from generous RS reps who just copy/paste the same answers to everybody.
:D
by Beerhunter » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:32 pm
Hi Marinos. I think that we all have your message now. Is there any chance that any furher posts from you will be when you have something new (or even constructive) to say?
by marinos » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:43 pm
Beerhunter wrote:Hi Marinos. I think that we all have your message now. Is there any chance that any furher posts from you will be when you have something new (or even constructive) to say?

I wonder if there is a chance I will have something new
PS. if you visit the link below, type my username and click submit. This will give you the chance to hide all my posts. I think it will make you feel much better :lol:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes
by outsider » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:40 am
So after sending countless emails, tweeting and posting on this forum, I got my DHL notice yesterday.
I don't know if it was something I did to make this happen, but my Pi is on its way :)
by Montala » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:45 pm
outsider wrote:So after sending countless emails, tweeting and posting on this forum, I got my DHL notice yesterday.
I don't know if it was something I did to make this happen, but my Pi is on its way :)

If you are lucky, it should arrive today then!

Or perhaps you are already enjoying life in Raspberry Pi land... or cursing why it doesn't do what you think it should! ;)

Enjoy! :)
by Andius » Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:40 pm
Ordered on the Thursday, 31 May, they took payment on the 1st of June. They quoted Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 6 week(s)). Heard nothing from them yet, they do have a week left before it is officially late but it is not looking good.
by PaulCheffus » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:00 pm
Andius wrote:Ordered on the Thursday, 31 May, they took payment on the 1st of June. They quoted Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 6 week(s)). Heard nothing from them yet, they do have a week left before it is officially late but it is not looking good.

Hi

Mine was ordered 28th May and arrived 28th June. I got the dispatched email the day before it arrived so you shouldn't loose hope just yet. If you look here
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8786
you should be able to work out your expected despatch date from the first table.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.
by Andius » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:25 pm
PaulCheffus wrote:
Andius wrote:Ordered on the Thursday, 31 May, they took payment on the 1st of June. They quoted Standard Delivery (Despatch expected within 6 week(s)). Heard nothing from them yet, they do have a week left before it is officially late but it is not looking good.

Hi

Mine was ordered 28th May and arrived 28th June. I got the dispatched email the day before it arrived so you shouldn't loose hope just yet. If you look here
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=8786
you should be able to work out your expected despatch date from the first table.

Cheers

Paul

Sounds encouraging I live in hope, thanks for the post and the link. Checking that it looks like my order number is near the end of 8th of July's ship (ON 600XX) I shall see what next week bring.
by scep » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:54 am
Please can I remind people to read the "Use of this forum: please read before posting" sticky. Specifically:

This forum is for questions and advice on how to order a Raspberry Pi, and for general queries about shipping, availability etc.

It is not the place to air grievances or complaints about RS or Farnell (or anyone else for that matter). Such posts will be locked or removed. Constructive feedback is, as always, welcome.

and
the Foundation cannot expedite individual orders nor can it help with specific ordering and shipping problems. Contractually, such issues must be dealt with by the company involved and you must take up any complaint or query with them directly.

I also suggest avoiding words like "illegal", "scam" without evidence.

OP's problem is now sorted so closing.