Sunday Brunch Show, UK Channel 4, Sunday May 27

23 posts
by liz » Sat May 26, 2012 6:10 am
Eben's on the Sunday Brunch show tomorrow at 10am. Do tune in; it's always interesting to watch him talking Pi to a nontechnical audience.
Foundation
Foundation
by ArborealSeer » Sat May 26, 2012 9:06 am
sky+'d :)
Pi Status > Farnell, Arrived 24/5- RS, Arrived 1/6
by ukscone » Sat May 26, 2012 3:11 pm
liz wrote:Eben's on the Sunday Brunch show tomorrow at 10am. Do tune in; it's always interesting to watch him talking Pi to a nontechnical audience.

what are they cooking tomorrow?
by Midnight Caller » Sun May 27, 2012 9:08 am
I have Sunday Brunch on but Eben is not on yet.
Please remember that I am Dyslexic wen replying
by Midnight Caller » Sun May 27, 2012 10:01 am
I will not be watching Sunday Brunch again that is one of the whersed TV shows that I have seen, liz I felt sorry for your husband Eben on that TV show.
by AndrewS » Sun May 27, 2012 2:38 pm
I missed it but it sounds like I didn't miss much. Did they not invite Liz on the show to cook Brunch for them?!
by spurious » Sun May 27, 2012 8:24 pm
It was a short interview and they seemed to cut the interview short quite abruptly. :(
by Lakes » Sun May 27, 2012 11:24 pm
I watched from my PVR.

Just over a minute interview of Eben, the rest of the program was erm, daytime viewing fodder, to put it politely.

"Can we get the Logo off now" was rather poor end to the very short interview.

Like someone said, maybe liz would get more airtime on this type of program.
by MadHorseman » Mon May 28, 2012 8:22 am
Lakes wrote:I watched from my PVR.

Just over a minute interview of Eben, the rest of the program was erm, daytime viewing fodder, to put it politely.

Not to mention that they didn't look at the screen when it was loading......

I thought Eben was very patient with a couple of twits....!!
by grumpyoldgit » Mon May 28, 2012 8:47 am
The programme is available on 4oD but it is 2 1/2 hours long. To save my sanity can someone indicate where about the item is in the running order. I don't want to loose 2 1/2 hours of my life watching this drivel! It is dire.
by Midnight Caller » Mon May 28, 2012 9:09 am
I think it was 5mins in from the First Break.
by colincoach » Mon May 28, 2012 9:25 am
MadHorseman wrote:
Lakes wrote:I watched from my PVR.

Not to mention that they didn't look at the screen when it was loading......

I thought Eben was very patient with a couple of twits....!!

Ah but how many of these 'twits' will be/have been caught up by the hype and will buy one and struggle?

This show is a bit naff, but they do have a regular gadget feature. The pi didnt really seem to be asked to do anything, it just booted up, after a while the logo appeared and that was it!! Not an impressive 'demo' but probably all that was possible in such a short slot!!
by ArborealSeer » Mon May 28, 2012 9:32 am
MadHorseman wrote:Like someone said, maybe liz would get more airtime on this type of program.

having eben on there is a bit if a coup. in the old version of the show (something for the weekend with louise redknapp) they had several girls who present the gadgets - just as badly.

compared to how some things fared on that, rpi came off fairly well.

now a feature on a 'real' show like the gadget show would be good, but it'd still not delve deep enough for the technical as they have to shoot for the lowest common denominator...
by Lakes » Mon May 28, 2012 2:17 pm
grumpyoldgit wrote:The programme is available on 4oD but it is 2 1/2 hours long. To save my sanity can someone indicate where about the item is in the running order. I don't want to loose 2 1/2 hours of my life watching this drivel! It is dire.

I deleted the original recording, but I think it was somewhere about 30 - 35 mins in.
by Lakes » Mon May 28, 2012 2:22 pm
ArborealSeer wrote:
MadHorseman wrote:Like someone said, maybe liz would get more airtime on this type of program.

having eben on there is a bit if a coup. in the old version of the show (something for the weekend with louise redknapp) they had several girls who present the gadgets - just as badly.

now a feature on a 'real' show like the gadget show would be good, but it'd still not delve deep enough for the technical as they have to shoot for the lowest common denominator...
Blah, the gadget show has gone downhill, reduced to two presenters, its all about them, instead of the gadgets, I don`t watch it now.

BBC Click seems to be the best tech program at the moment.

Back when I had Sky, .TV was really good, they even did software tutorials.
by Midnight Caller » Mon May 28, 2012 2:39 pm
BskyB had [.TV] and Kate Russell was on it in Chips with Everything, my favorite was Master Classe, I have a number of them Archived, was on VHS now moved to DVD. Image
by ArborealSeer » Mon May 28, 2012 2:47 pm
well i never watch it (the gadget show) i dont watch sunday brunch either.. i used to watch its predecessor a lot as it was always on when i'd having a morning coffee / be packing up to leave my g/f's before we moved in together
by Lakes » Mon May 28, 2012 3:58 pm
Midnight Caller wrote:BskyB had [.TV] and Kate Russell was on it in Chips with Everything, my favorite was Master Classe, I have a number of them Archived, was on VHS now moved to DVD. Image
I would love to see the Paint Shop Pro tutorials, I still use the old Jasc version (not the corel version)
by jamesh » Mon May 28, 2012 4:30 pm
Lakes wrote:
ArborealSeer wrote:

Blah, the gadget show has gone downhill, reduced to two presenters, its all about them, instead of the gadgets, I don`t watch it now.

BBC Click seems to be the best tech program at the moment.

Back when I had Sky, .TV was really good, they even did software tutorials.

Gadget show? Gone downhill? How is that possible? It was pretty much at the bottom already!
by stevepdp » Mon May 28, 2012 6:21 pm
Lakes wrote:"Can we get the Logo off now" was rather poor end to the very short interview.

Absolutely. It was very rude of them to end the interview like that.

Eben did a great job though and covered the essentials with the limited time he had. Shame he didn't have enough time to demonstrate a quick Python hello world program or something.

Perhaps it's due to the fact that it was on a commercial show. The BBC reports so far with Eben and David have been encouraging and the presenters seemed genuinely interested.
I'm not a part of the Raspberry Pi Foundation, I'm just a very enthusiastic fan.
Web developer, hobbyist game developer and co-organiser of several things.
by SN » Mon May 28, 2012 6:51 pm
Lakes wrote:
Midnight Caller wrote:BskyB had [.TV] and Kate Russell was on it in Chips with Everything, my favorite was Master Classe, I have a number of them Archived, was on VHS now moved to DVD. Image
I would love to see the Paint Shop Pro tutorials, I still use the old Jasc version (not the corel version)

Me too!
Steve N – binatone mk4->intellivision->zx81->spectrum->cbm64->cpc6128->520stfm->pc->raspi ?
by Midnight Caller » Mon May 28, 2012 9:52 pm
SN wrote:
Lakes wrote:

Me too!

I will have a look and see if I have Paint Shop Pro on DVD later on this week, I don't have time to check my Archives at the minute.
by Lakes » Mon May 28, 2012 10:15 pm
I will have a look and see if I have Paint Shop Pro on DVD later on this week, I don't have time to check my Archives at the minute.
Many Thanks!