Model B as DVR/Media Server?

3 posts
by paganpan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:20 am
Is there some way to connect a bunch of (fast) storage? I know that I could connect an external hard drive, but wouldn't the read/write times be too long? Also, is there some way for the board to take coax input? what sort of software would I put on it? Is the limiting factor the 512 MB ram? It feels like this should be doable but I'm not too well versed in DVR tech as I should be. Any tips or info?

Thanks guys
by Jessie » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:16 am
paganpan said:

Is there some way to connect a bunch of (fast) storage? I know that I could connect an external hard drive, but wouldn't the read/write times be too long? Also, is there some way for the board to take coax input? what sort of software would I put on it? Is the limiting factor the 512 MB ram? It feels like this should be doable but I'm not too well versed in DVR tech as I should be. Any tips or info?

Thanks guys

Please read the FAQ and Wiki people.  That and the search function would have negated this post.

You can connect a USB HDD no problem.  Is it fast? No, but it's fast enough for what you want to do.  Coax input? No.  Software.. XBMA.  512MB are you making your own?  The model B comes with 256MB.

XBMA should do everything you want.
Click my website link under my avitar for the RetroPie 2.3 guide in progress.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
by Paul Webster » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:38 am
Where XBMA = XBMC.