Cheery's Pygame Tutorial

Drop in for a chat and a cup of tea

4 posts
by cheery » Fri May 04, 2012 9:08 am
I wrote my own tutorial into a github project (Cheery's Pygame Tutorial).

I Release early and often, therefore I'm in firing position at the time of writing this post. I don't know how far will I continue this single tutorial, but I hope to get frequent feedback so I'd have additional reference points while working on it.

This tutorial is meant for online consumption. Read it through a computer display or tablet device. Please do not print it to paper. Think about the trees!
by cheery » Sat May 05, 2012 12:44 am
I brought a new part to my tutorial. This part shows how to make a paint app. You can read the whole tutorial in Github project page I linked to in the first post.
by toxibunny » Sat May 05, 2012 8:13 am
Interesting stuff, thanks for these. Is there any reason you use hex values for the r,g,b in the first one?

Keep up the good work! Oh, and are these for a particular python/pygame version?
note: I may or may not know what I'm talking about...
by cheery » Sat May 12, 2012 1:35 am
Now I could finally raise the draft status. It doesn"t mean the typing/grammar errors are away. Though I think it could be tried out on "victims" now.

The hex values are easy to grab from existing color chooser apps. That"s why I used them. Also I thought pygame hasn"t changed for a while, so if you use the latest pygame you should be fine.

All the examples should run just fine on Raspberry Pi. I cannot be sure as my RPi is still sailing somewhere.